- This event has passed.
The 2020 holiday season will present one of the most challenging moments for retailers and consumer brands. Traditionally a time of high demand and significant store footfall, this year business will face significant constraints around how products are sold. Hesitant to shop in stores, consumers are planning more online shopping than ever — placing even more strain on already strained fulfillment operations. Moreover, ongoing economic concerns continue to shift where, how, and how much people spend. As consumers find new paths to purchase, the imperative for omnichannel capabilities is stronger than ever.
At this focused session on Wednesday September 16, researchers from retail innovation firm PSFK will present a framework that brand and retail execs can use to deliver innovative and effective marketing and retail activation during an unprecedented holiday season, helping navigate unchartered territory through holiday consumer insights and trending strategies. This will be followed by an audience session in a break out room.
Trends To Be Presented
• Next-Gen eCommerce/Content — Shoppable Inspiration, Virtual Window Shopping, Live Commerce, Digital Drops
• Remote In-Person Support — Guided Selection, Virtual Advisory, Social Browsing, By-Appointment Video Consults
• In-Store Shopping — Pre-Visit Preparation & Inventory Checks, Responsive Salesfloor, Shopping-By-Appointment, Touch-Free Fulfillment, Bypass POS, Drive-Thru Retail
• Retail Operations — Density Forecasting, Dynamic Merchandising, Last-Mile Warehousing, Flexible Payments
• Post-Purchase — Embedded Onboarding, On-Demand Troubleshooting, Flexible Returns
Actionable Insights To Be Shared
• Consumer Insights & Expectations
• Broader Strategies
• Quick-win IRL Tactics
• Global Lessons from ‘open’ markets
The format is a 1-hour livestream presentation of PSFK’s research followed by an a 1-hour intimate break-out session for attendees to understand the research better and contribute thoughts to the discussion:
12pm ET – Livestreamed Research Presentation commences (YouTube/LinkedIn/Facebook)
1pm ET – Break Out Session commences*
2pm ET – Event ends
* Requires ‘Full Ticket’
To attend, please click on the RSVP buttonRSVP
Scott Lachut is Partner/President of Research and Strategy at PSFK. For 10+ years, Scott has delivered insights to world-class brands. He studies emerging cultural signals to create frameworks for understanding change and its impacts, allowing him to paint a picture of the future, identify new opportunities and develop strategies for how to leverage them.
Lauren Lyons is a Strategist at PSFK, developing content around retail innovation to support and inspire client initiatives.
Piers Fawkes is the founder of retail think tank PSFK. PSFK provides advisory services and syndicated research to the world’s most progressive companies and helps them identify future opportunity when it comes to retail and the customer experience journey.
The Future of Retail festival has been produced by the team at Retail Innovation Week(R), a spin-off division from research and strategy think-tank PSFK.